Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TripodBob38
Binge Watcher

Can't activate BBC America channel through DISH

I'm having the same issue with BBCAmerica, Starz, and AMC.

The support staff from all three channels say this is a ROKU problem.  I am inclined to believe them since I can gain access to those channels on appropriate channel apps on Android, iOS, and in a windows web browser using my DISH account to authenticate; however, I have cannot get the process to work on ROKU.

At STARZ, BBCAmerica, or AMC I select LOG IN WITH TV PROVIDER at the activation website, I enter my DISH account info, and I am sent back to the activation webpage where I am greeted with "Thank you for authenticating with your TV provider account."  Yet nothing happens on the ROKU, it just sits displaying the device ID code waiting for a response which never seems to arrive.

Have tried manually updating all three apps, deleted them,  and reinstalled the apps, no change.

Suggestions???

Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)

Version 11.5.0 Build 4312.29  Last updated on 02/10/2023

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't activate BBC America channel through DISH

Hi @TripodBob38 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channels and then reinstalling them helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
TripodBob38
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't activate BBC America channel through DISH

The issue had absolutely nothing to do with Roku.  DishNetwork suffered a major ransomware attack, and their entire system had to be rebuilt.

0 Kudos