Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FM4
Level 7

Prime Video won't load on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I cannot get Amazon Prime Video to load, it just bounces back to the home screen.  This is a recent issue, in the last three day. I have taken all the steps suggested, removing the app, system restart, reinstalling, etc., and nothing. This seems to be the only channel that I regularly watch, that this is happening with. I have checked for updates, etc.  Roku seems only interested if its happening on multiple channels. Any other advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video won't load on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@FM4 

That is unexpected. You've done the standard steps: 1) remove the app, restart the Roku, 3) reinstall the app.

Since it's a Roku TV, I gotta ask, just to ensure step 2 was done correctly:
Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

If you just turned the TV off, that's not sufficient.

Now if you did step 2 as suggested, and the issue remains, try removing the app, then restarting the Roku TV, then instead of reinstall the app via the Roku, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and log in. Then find the Prime Video app there.

Does it show up? If so, will it let you add it that way?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@FM4 

That is unexpected. You've done the standard steps: 1) remove the app, restart the Roku, 3) reinstall the app.

Since it's a Roku TV, I gotta ask, just to ensure step 2 was done correctly:
Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

If you just turned the TV off, that's not sufficient.

Now if you did step 2 as suggested, and the issue remains, try removing the app, then restarting the Roku TV, then instead of reinstall the app via the Roku, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and log in. Then find the Prime Video app there.

Does it show up? If so, will it let you add it that way?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

FM4
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response. And yes, I did do the system restart through Settings, exactly as you described. As I was typing this, I was following your second suggestion, to go through the store, and it worked!  Thank you for the help, I never would have thought of that!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@FM4 wrote:

As I was typing this, I was following your second suggestion, to go through the store, and it worked!  Thank you for the help, I never would have thought of that!

Wow! Me either.  I'll have to add this to my bag of tricks.  Thanks, @DBDukes !

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@makaiguy  @DBDukes 

Yes, its an interesting solution - makes me wonder if not being logged into Roku.com (or with a different account) causes some app loading issues.

0 Kudos