Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drummernaut
Level 9

Is it me or has MSNBC stopped streaming on the NBC&SYFY apps?

Jump to solution

This morning at 03:30pst I started my NBC app and the MSNBC network has a very old prompt from years ago saying "Stay tuned... the MSNBC live stream will return shortly." That was 3 hours ago. Same for that network on the SYFY app. I checked the site itself and the stream is fine. I have not checked the CHROMECAST yet, I have to find it and plug it in. Was there some anouncment I missed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is it me or has MSNBC stopped streaming on the NBC&SYFY apps?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact MSNBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach MSNBC support here: https://www.msnbc.com/information/contact-msnbc-n1241695

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I thought NBC had moved all their content to the Peacock channel. Have you look at it to see if that content is there?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Level 9

Jump to solution

They have 11 live channels. Only MSNBC is not streaming. All the previously recorded shows are there. Only live content is affected. I will find and load the peacock and check. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Level 9

Jump to solution

I did not find it on peacock. I am sure someone will have a simple answer. This seems odd.

PeterBV
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and question. It’s been out all day. But only the MSNBC channel seems to be down. All of the other channels on the MSNBC app seem to work fine on my iPhone. Very annoying. You would think they would at least post a message with an estimated fix time.

0 Kudos
magomes24
Level 8

Jump to solution

Any updates on this? 503pm EST here and still "Stay tuned... The MSNBC live stream will return shortly" message as well as very annoying music (that part is subjective) 😩

Drummernaut
Level 9

Jump to solution

It is now working as of 03:45pst. Seems like nbcu had a problem because it happened across several types of mediums.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact MSNBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach MSNBC support here: https://www.msnbc.com/information/contact-msnbc-n1241695

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos