Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lybarger87

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

This has happened for me too. I’ve power cycled everything, deleted and redownloaded everything, but other channels work, it’s specifically and ONLY Disney+. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

@Lybarger87

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skinny1
Reel Rookie

Same here... same problem. Seems switching to 'moderate' data stream under settings fixed this obscure issue... 

"Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected"
It's aggravating Roku can't stream their Stars Wars shows at the best HD settings.
0 Kudos
Skinny1
Reel Rookie

@droku 

Danny, the error occurs when I push 'play' on The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+. It plays normally for a few seconds and then the message "Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected" pops up and did not allow me to play further. it makes you click "ok" and kicks me out of the show and back to the home page. I followed another users advice, under Settings, App Settings. I changed the data usage to "moderate" rather that "automatic" and now it's playing. It's seems to be a Roku Issue. Hope this helps. It seems to be aggravating a lot of your users.

0 Kudos
Skinny1
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Just to follow up to my above comment. The problem still occurs, but less often. Still a couple of times during one episode. So, the problem still persists. 

0 Kudos
osamu
Reel Rookie

To follow up on my problem stated earlier.  I ended up buying an Amazon firestick and also getting a similar problem with playback, just random freezing crashes.  I've also experienced (but less often) on my phone if I turn off cellular data and just use Wifi.  I no longer think this is specifically something with Roku.  I think it's associated with my ISP (Spectrum) and Disney+.

0 Kudos
Pookela5

This works, but WTF? Why can't I get the best video/sound quality? There has to be a better fix.

0 Kudos

I am currently experiencing this, I have restarted my router, restarted my roku tv, deleted and reinstalled Disney + and logged out and back in. This problem is still occurring but it only happens when watched Disney plus, in particular IMAX films in Disney plus, only way I’ve gotten it to work is to change data usage in app settings to moderate, this makes the error go away but it makes the quality much worse. Please tell me how to fix this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JordanRader

Thanks for the post.

If this issue is only occurring on the Disney+ channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gladesteen
Reel Rookie

This is some B.S. !  For YEARS this has been going on and still not resolved ?

I just bought a new TCL 65 inch tv to replace my 5 yr old TCL. Disney+ worked fine on my older tv, but wont play anything on the new one. I've reduced the stream to moderate and even lowest. Nothing. Get this stupid error. I've reset the tv, removed the app/reinstalled. Spent 45 minutes on phone with Disney+ support. NOTHING.

This is some B.S. Roku !!!