Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the pause button taking you to "The Roku Channel"?

On some apps, when I pause for more than two minutes, it times out to the Roku screen and gives me an option to press "play/pause" to take me to the Roku Channel. I don't always realize when it happens, so I end up trying to unpause my app and exits me out. I'm honestly getting pretty tired of it and need to know how to stop this from happening. 

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to disable the pause button taking you to "The Roku Channel"?

Disable your screensaver, change to one that doesn't have the little ads floating by, or get in the habit of never pressing Play/Pause when you first pick up the remote.  When you pick up the remote press the down arrow button which is pretty much innocuous in all situations.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.