Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toadius69
Channel Surfer

How to fix Discovery Plus app pausing and skipping

Jump to solution

Anyone else having issues with the discovery plus app?  Ours keeps pausing and skips about 1 second of dialogue.  We have restarted, deleted, signed out, re loaded, restarted router.   Continues to happen.  Any ideas or similar issues?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Discovery Plus app pausing and skipping

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Hi @AStarr,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
299 REPLIES 299
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same. It feels like it is trying to cut in for a commercial. 

Dogears
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly the same experience as the others.   Cuts out for couple seconds like it's looking for a commercial.. Anybody solve the issue?

MynameisJeff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was wondering if it was just me. I recently upgraded my roku, so didn't think it was my box 😞

Jump to solution

Same with me. Pauses every few minutes for about 3 seconds before it continues. I hope they resolve this soon. 

It

Jump to solution

Yes it pauses every 5 mins or sonfor 3 to 5 seconds!! Constantly... very annoying please fix asap. Can't uninstall because roku won't let you and I've even tried turning the 4k setting down to 1080p and still doent help. WHY!!!! Please update soon or fix. I can't take much more even though its such an awesome app!!!!

Windeecity
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues with pausing for about 3 seconds, seems it happens every 5 minutes. I have 2 TV's with Rokus and both are having the same issue. I'm also experiencing a blackout screen with no sound after an episode of what I'm watching ends. Very frustrating. Don't think I'll be signing up after the trial ends

optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Everyone, I have submitted a support request here:

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'd suggest everyone else in this thread do the same so that they pay attention to it.

Toadius69
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I just submitted also.  

AmyMarket1

Jump to solution

I have also been having issues with the pausing of shows on my Roku device pertaining to Discovery Plus. I also filed a complaint and hope that they can fix this fast. Glad I’m not alone.