Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gjghal
Reel Rookie

BBC iplayer ITV Channel 4 have all stopped working.

Have tried system restarts, Removing and adding back after reset. Factory reset.  None has worked.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC iplayer ITV Channel 4 have all stopped working.

Hello @Gjghal

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? When launching a channel, does it instantly go back to the home screen? Any error code or message? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gjghal
Reel Rookie

Channel 4 just sits on a loading screen permanently.

ITV loads but any programme selected brings up the message ‘It looks like  there was a problem playing your video - try again’.  No matter how many times I try again same result.

BBC i player loads but any programme selected brings up the message ‘Something went wrong loading the programme.  Error Code 02001’. 

When will you solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Gjghal
Reel Rookie

Still waiting.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Gjghal

I apologize for the delay in response.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gjghal
Reel Rookie

How much longer before I get a response?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gjghal,

Thanks for following up.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.
You can reach BBC iPlayer support here:

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos