Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Apps won't open

I am having this same issue . Tries to open and back to home screen. Using smart TV with roku. Netflix , prime and YouTube. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

latest update...

I have even reset my Roku Ultra to default via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

Problem still persists.  If same issue doesn't exist on my Stick or Express, then doesn't this have to be a h/w problem unique to the Ultra?

Very frustrating Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mine did the same today, I went through all the steps, same but only sky News wouldn't work. Checked the update section and there was a firmware update. That fixed it for me. I wish I had checked that First.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No, the problem started with a few apps and is spreading. I have tried all your recommendations and each time it gets worse. Seems like a firmware issue.

Highlighted

What version are you on?

I didn't make a note of the old firmware but it was from Jan 2020.

The new one is software version 9.3.0.

Build 4170. 

The page said it had checked for an update today but it didn't update. I had to do it manually.

I have two ultras and both went wrong at the same time, it was only Sky news that was affected, I tried NowTv and that worked but I didn't try anything else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

That did it. When I checked for updates it said it was up to day, but as you said, it had to be forced. Thanks for the tip.

Highlighted

Glad I could help. It must be a glitch in the automatic update settings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can anyone help me with the steps to force this firmware update? I just got the tv yesterday and the only channel that opens and works is youtube. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

On your home menu, go to settings > system > system update. That should tell you if you are on version 9.3: build 4170. If not, there should be an option to update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm having the same problem with one of my Ultras, with the KITV4 app as well.  It was working great until last week, and suddenly the app will nor successfully load on this device.  It loads on my other Ultra, my TCL/Roku TV, and my Stick, with no issues... but on this one, it simply will not load now.

I have tried the uninstall/reinstall method, the reboot option, the network reset option, and the pull the wire reboot option, switched from Wired to Wireless, Enabled/Disabled Bandwidth Saver, and nothing works...

Sys Info:

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra

Software Version: 9.3.0 biuld: 4170-46

0 Kudos