Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FiremanJim
Reel Rookie

doorbell won't connect to TV

1. - I have Roku smart TV's and when I go to smart home on the TV selection menu the doorbell shows up in the upper left corner in a small picture and the big picture has the spinning wheel of death and then says basically that it is unable to connect - try again.  After a few retries low and behold it connects, and then a few minutes later it won't connect again.

2. - When the doorbell is connected to my phone, and I attempt to talk with someone on the outside of the house the audio is very choppy both directions.

3. - Can more than 1 phone get alerts from the doorbell?

4 REPLIES 4
mlm44
Streaming Star

Re: doorbell won't connect to TV

For question 3 yes, my wife and I both have the app on our phones and we both get the alerts. We also get alerts on the TV if watching on a Roku.

As to the other issues, I am having lots of problems streaming video/audio to the doorbell. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. There are bugs that need to be fixed in the firmware, the app, and/or on the backend in the cloud. For example, at night the streaming always works but during the daylight hours it is unpredictable.

One thing I did was install a brand new 24 volt transformer to power the doorbell (the old one was 16 volts). This significantly improved the streaming function, but there are still connection problems that I believe are software related. I also installed a WiFi extender near the doorbell but I'm not sure it made any difference. I don't have (very many) streaming problems with my other four Roku cameras, but the doorbell is another story.

FiremanJim
Reel Rookie

thanks, rem44 level 9, whatever that is. any ideas when they might get around to fixing this and how will we be notified of an update?

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Streaming Star

I am having the same issues with the wired doorbell. It shows on tv but will not stream. I tried all the troubleshooting tips but nothing works. I even bought and installed another doorbell, but that doesn't allow me to stream on the roku tvs. This has to be a firmware issue  would be nice if Roku could at least say they're working on a fix . 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

We understand that you're having a problem with your wired doorbell camera since it will not show on your TV live stream. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Are you using the same email on your Roku camera, Roku TV, or other devices? Try these troubleshooting steps below so we can double-check if you're logged in to one email. 

Troubleshooting steps

• Verify the accounts logged in.
  • On Mobile
  • On the Roku Smart Home app home page, tap the "Account" tab in the bottom right.
  • Tap Account
  • Note that the account logged in is marked in the email section.

On a Roku streaming device

• Using the Roku remote control, press the home button (the button that looks like a house in the upper right of the remote).
  • Navigate up or down using the directional pad to Settings > System > About.
  • The Roku account logged in will be listed under "Roku Account."

We look forward to hearing your response.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos