Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless Doorbell Won't Record Videos Or Pictures Manually

@RokuArjiemar 

Thanks for your lengthy reply but I never said I couldn't get my camera to record anything. I said when I press the camera or record icon this message pops up

"Turn on access to your Storage to let Roku save videos and photos to your album".

I literally have all permission checked. I have had my internet provider send a tech out here and they said my service was find. I even got a new modem and router. You all told me it could be my phone, so, I got a new phone and the same problem is still happening and no agent can tell me or the rest of the community that has this same issue how to really solve it. I have emailed you pictures since I can not post them on here because it is more than 3mb

RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cjohns910910,

We appreciate you for keeping in touch and for the extra details about this issue going on.

In this case, we will require assistance from the appropriate Roku team to conduct further investigation, and we will need your cooperation.

Please help us with the details below:

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • The firmware version of the Roku Smart Home app
  • Brand of the device

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

Having the same issue

0 Kudos
Feorr2

Mine dose the same thing was there ever a resolution to this I can do snap shots and record from regular out door camera's but not doorbell camera 

0 Kudos
wjpetersen
Reel Rookie

This is getting completely pathetic with Roku and their OUTSOURCED TO INDIA "support".  The people on the support desks in this country do not give a **bleep** about any of us.  They just keep reading from a script and NEVER fix anything.  Roku management is selling to USA customers and their should be knowledgeable USA EMPLOYEES to fix things!!!

I have the same problem, but even worse!  I spent $80 on an outside camera plus over $100 for the solar panel.  The $80 camera stopped charging and I tried to get "support" to help me.  They are worthless!  So I spent another $80 to replace the camera.  NOW, I cannot capture images or videos because it keeps saying that I do not have persmission.  I have ALL permissions turned on!!!  I have other roku cameras and they work fine.  I need help with this one camera and NO ONE will help me and clearly no one else who bought your **bleep** products!!!

Give us the solution to fix the persmission issues or give everyone the direct contact to the president of roku!  I have been buying roku products for years and it has never been this bad.

Otherwise, we all need to file BBB claims against this company! 

0 Kudos
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

You are absolutely correct!!!! I have been having the same issues for a year now and still haven't gotten it fixed. I'm so tired of them telling me " I'm so sorry to hear that, I understand that can be frustrating" what is the purpose of having security cameras if they do not work? They really *beep* suck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.