Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heelsgo
Reel Rookie

Wireless Doorbell No Video or Pic - will not connect

I installed the wire free doorbell and chime last week along with and outdoor camera. It all worked seamless for a few days.  The door bell video then became unresposive with out pics or video. The chime feature still worked. Thinking the battery may have ran low , I recharged for 5 hours but still nothing. I then tried to reinstall the doorbell from scratch but found it no longer had the "led" ring or start up solid light and would only blink for a second. I tried several times and held down the power button the required 5 seconds but to no avail. Is there another way to reset or is this just a defective one ? I already threw away the box it came it came in but do have the receipt.  The other outdoor camera and app are working perfectly.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wireless Doorbell No Video or Pic - will not connect

@heelsgo 

Thanks for the post.

How far is the wireless doorbell from the chime? Have you tried moving the chime closer to the doorbell to see if that helps with the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
heelsgo
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your help. The doorbell is about 14 feet away when mounted but it will not respond even  when brought inside. I tried to reinstall (after it quit working) and now it appears the unit is just not operational. The doorbell no longer gives voice commmand or ring "light" for install despite fully charged so re- installation is not possible.  I wonder if I could send it back for a exchange.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@heelsgo 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am actually experiencing the same exact thing right now and I’ve only had it a month and it’s doing exactly what you described. I’ve tried everything and can’t get a response:(

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@savannahtruitt 

Thank for the post.

How far is the wireless doorbell from the chime? Have you tried moving the chime closer to the doorbell to see if that helps with the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
heelsgo
Reel Rookie

I suppose at this point I will only have to assume Roku is unable to provide service or warranty for thier camera and doorbell products for the homeowner .  Live and learn ... should have went with the RIng 

0 Kudos