Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Weather question regarding Roku Indoor camera se

Jump to solution

I am considering purchasing an Roku indoor camera SE and was wondering if I places the camera under an over hang which would cause the camera to never be exposed to rain and snow would it function as it should? I live in New England so it might be cold some night but for her then that it would be covered. Has anyone ever does this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weather question regarding Roku Indoor camera se

Jump to solution

@Dfresh567 

These cameras are simply older models of Wyze cameras.  As such, you can look/search for any Roku use, hack, or accessory and compatibility use by those who have used Wyze cameras (which have been around much longer).

The answer to your question is yes.  Although the Indoor camera is not IP65 rated for weather, many Wyze users use the indoor cameras outside. (at their own risk of course, noting the limitations).

As long as it is protected from direct weather (as well as the power supply), you should be good.  (You won't receive the Roku seal of approval to do this, but you will be fine).

https://www.roku.com/products/smart-home/cameras/roku-indoor-camera-se

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weather question regarding Roku Indoor camera se

Jump to solution

@Dfresh567 

These cameras are simply older models of Wyze cameras.  As such, you can look/search for any Roku use, hack, or accessory and compatibility use by those who have used Wyze cameras (which have been around much longer).

The answer to your question is yes.  Although the Indoor camera is not IP65 rated for weather, many Wyze users use the indoor cameras outside. (at their own risk of course, noting the limitations).

As long as it is protected from direct weather (as well as the power supply), you should be good.  (You won't receive the Roku seal of approval to do this, but you will be fine).

https://www.roku.com/products/smart-home/cameras/roku-indoor-camera-se

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.