Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciemny
Channel Surfer

Re: Video doorbell and indoor cameras not giving notifications on my phone?

Yeah, it seems like it starts working “appropriately” once you start paying for the subscription. However, mine still doesn’t record events properly. Ironically, I received notifications all day from when my roommate and I came and went, but ironically, when my neighbor came by to leave a note on my door (a bear got into our trash), Roku neither detected or alerted us. And the other day, I couldn’t help but laugh when I received an email from Amazon saying my package had arrived and when I looked at the attached photo, it shows the Amazon employee standing on my enclosed porch, taking a picture of my package (and you can also see this through the reflection of my front door). And although, I received a notification that a “person” was detected, it didn’t record any footage! 😂😂😂. Like, literally nothing. You click on the event recording and it’s just the thumbnail picture of my porch door slightly ajar for 15 seconds. Like, seriously? An actual stranger came onto my porch, left a package, and took a photo of the delivery, and my Roku camera caught NONE of it. Can’t wait for my house to get broken into and I can show the police my “footage” of the break-in, which will just be a still photo of my porch. 

Squiggy
Reel Rookie

I've experienced the same thing where sometimes it'll record people, cars, cats.  I've tried to adjust the settings but can't get anything to work repeatedly.  Also, I AM subscribed.  So far it hasn't been a great experience. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Ciemny 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with the Roku Smart Home, and we certainly want to help you with this. Can you send us your Roku account email attached to your Roku Smart Home devices through PM? In this manner, we can further investigate the issue that you are experiencing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Squiggy

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand the issue you're running into, and we're here to help you. We advise to ensure that the bell notification on the top right of the main home screen within the Roku Smart Home app does not have a line through it, as that will disable push notifications on your device. Can you provide a screenshot of your main Roku Smart Home app with the bell icon? This will allow us to further look into the issue.

We look forward to hearing your response!

Sending you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Squiggy
Reel Rookie

Here is a screenshot that you requested. As you can see the Bell icon does not have a line through it.   Also, I'm not sure how to send a PM to you, in order to give you my email as requested.  Please advise. tempFileForShare_20230601-082238.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Squiggy,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We don't want it to happen, therefore I'm sorry to hear about the experience. I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up with you.
Appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am getting late notifications

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chevrolet88,

A warm welcome to the Roku community, and thanks for letting us know about this issue!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku Smart Home app since it will give you late notifications. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please also try to firmware update the Roku Smart Home app and the Roku camera.

You can also check out this support article here on how to update the software on your Roku Smart Home device.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chevrolet88,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be asking for some additional information. Could you tell us for how many minutes or hours you received the notifications? Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log).

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tldunn7

Ok, I think I figured out my issue. I have an android so it will be from that perspective. In my notification bar I get one that says, "Roku app is running in the background to keep notifications working properly". If I long press the ROKU icon on the upper left corner, it opens the Notifications Manager for Smart Home. I noticed mine was set to Silent. So I press Default which has the alarm icon. Then I press the gear icon to open settings. In there All Smart Home notifications is set to "on" - as least I think it's on. I've checked this before. But I had to individually click on each of the three other things listed: (1) Roku Smart Home (2) Smart Home (3) Notifications Manager and change all those from Silent to Default (alarm) as well as turn on each of the settings in there for "Pop on screen", "Sound", "Vibration", "Show Notification Dot", and "Override Do Not Disturb". This all seems so redundant! How many settings do we have to find and turn on just to get a notification that someone is at our front door?!? This seems ridiculous - good luck everyone!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.