Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

SE Security Camera firmware update 3.0.2.7095

First, 9 cameras went offline, but continued to work, including event recordings and notifications. 

Then the 9 cameras came back online, but no event recordings and no notifications!

Settings: Notifications > Motion events Toggle switch is greyed out!

ALL MY CAMERAS ARE WORTHLESS BRICKS NOW!

Anyone else experiencing the same problems, or am I the only one?

Did my 9 cameras all die at the same time, or did Roku mess things up?

TROUBLESHOOTING:  Deleted one camera and went through Setup again.  Appears to be working!

Unfortunately, I have Groups and Rules to do all over again.  Then I get to repeat the process 8 more times.

I AM NOT A HAPPY ROKU CUSTOMER!

FINAL SOLUTION:

Turns out going through Setup again worked on all 9 cameras!  Not happy about it.  4 of my cameras required going up and down a ladder.  Long day.  Hope this helps someone.

USA Retired.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
digitaldiva45
Reel Rookie

Re: SE Security Camera firmware update 3.0.2.7095

Unfortunately, I deleted and went through the set up process again on two of my cameras and it didn't resolve the issue.  No notifications.  Kinda ticked about this! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @digitaldiva45,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku smart home app since it will not give notifications. We're happy to assist you. We would recommend ensuring notifications are enabled on both the main menu of the Roku Smart Home app and within the camera settings.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
digitaldiva45
Reel Rookie

I have made sure notifications are on in the app and the cameras settings.  Deleted camera and completed setup, made sure AGAIN that notifications were turned on in the app and the camera settings.  Nothing, no notifications still.  Forced to do the firmware update and now I get no notifications at all.  Cameras are unless without the notifications.  Might have to look into another brand.  I feel like I wasted a bunch of money on your cameras ( two floodlight cameras & 3 indoor cameras) that won't send notifications after firmware update.  I guess I'm more than a little ticked off. 

0 Kudos
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

I don't especially want notifications anyway, but I have tried to enable them - both in the camera settings and the app settings. I have not ever received any notification of any kind, ever.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @digitaldiva45 @Zorro1953,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for getting in touch with us. Our team is aware of this issue and is currently looking into it.

We'll need your help with this by providing us with the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos