Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ps27

Re: SD card not detected in indoor camera SE

Jump to solution

We have this same issue with both indoor camera SE! 32gb SD card not detected in one camera but working fine in another identical camera. AND a 128gb SD card not recognized in any camera. We have exhausted all steps outlined here but unable to format the SD card through the app when the cameras do not recognize there is an SD card inserted. Is there any actual customer service support here with a phone number to speak with regarding this extremely aggravating and ongoing issue? 

0 Kudos
NoJumpJackFlash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've chatted and spoken with Roku Support. They are completely worthless, just parroting what's written in the docs. Apparently there is NO effort on Roku's part to fix this problem at all. I've just resigned myself to using the four 256GB SD cards I got for my four indoor SE cameras for other purposes. The automatic capture of regular little videos and the ability to record long ones has proven sufficient. BTW, I bought the annual subscription, but that sure doesn't get you any help with this technical issue.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reporting your concerns about the issue of your Roku Indoor Camera SE, which is unable to detect your microSD cards. No worries, we're here to help.

Please note that we recommend using 8GB,16GB, or 32GB cards in FAT-32 format.

We highly suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps below:

1. Make sure the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Reformat the microSD card.
  3. Remove the microSD card, power cycle the camera, then reinsert the microSD card. Click here: How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home Camera
  4. Remove the microSD card, factory reset the camera, then reinsert the microSD card. Click here: How to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device
  5. Check to see if another device (e.g., another camera, computer, etc.) will recognize the microSD card.

If multiple devices do not detect the microSD card, then it may be corrupted. If another device recognizes the microSD card, kindly provide the following details:

• Type of microSD card:
  • Firmware version of the camera:
  • Roku Camera model:
  • Mac ID of the camera:
  • Log ID: (pull up your Roku Smart Home app home page > select Account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.