Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cash70
Reel Rookie

SD card capacity of Indoor SE camera

Jump to solution

I've been running 4 indoor SE cameras long enough to want to load 'em with sd cards. Read somewhere that the indoor SE cameras could handle cards larger than 32gb. Thought about running 64gb cards and reason for doing was I figured larger capacity card would be rewrote less resulting in longer card life. In other words I'd like to run the largest they'd handle. Thanks for any info peoples.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: SD card capacity of Indoor SE camera

Jump to solution

Greetings @Cash70 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the inquiry regarding your inquiry of using a SD card in your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera.

Please be aware that all Roku Smart Home cameras support micro SD cards up to a 256GB except for the Outdoor Camera SE.

For more information about memory cards with your Roku Smart Home devices, visit our Support page here: Install a micro SD card in your camera

If you have another inquiry or issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Cash70 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the inquiry regarding your inquiry of using a SD card in your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera.

Please be aware that all Roku Smart Home cameras support micro SD cards up to a 256GB except for the Outdoor Camera SE.

For more information about memory cards with your Roku Smart Home devices, visit our Support page here: Install a micro SD card in your camera

If you have another inquiry or issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
psm19psm

Jump to solution

hello, if a 256GB sd card is inserted, and i have the camera set to continuously record, what happens when the card is full?  does it loop around and start recording over the previous data?

thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@psm19psm, it records in one minute clips and discards the oldest one when it's full.  It's all spelled out here:

How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos