Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inceshelby

Run your camera off a different WiFi than usual?

Jump to solution

Can you add a device to your smart home when it’s on a different WiFi than you normally do? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Run your camera off a different WiFi than usual?

Jump to solution

Hey @Inceshelby,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

Sure, to answer your query. It is possible to add devices connected to various networks. There may be a problem with your WiFi bandwidth if you are experiencing an error.

Note: Your Roku® Smart Home devices will use the Wi-Fi® settings from your phone or tablet during the setup process. These settings might be altered by moving or replacing network equipment, which would take your smart home devices offline. Repetition of the setup procedure and connecting your smart home devices to your new network will update the Wi-Fi settings.

I hope this clarifies your query!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Inceshelby,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

Sure, to answer your query. It is possible to add devices connected to various networks. There may be a problem with your WiFi bandwidth if you are experiencing an error.

Note: Your Roku® Smart Home devices will use the Wi-Fi® settings from your phone or tablet during the setup process. These settings might be altered by moving or replacing network equipment, which would take your smart home devices offline. Repetition of the setup procedure and connecting your smart home devices to your new network will update the Wi-Fi settings.

I hope this clarifies your query!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

For security reasons, I want to run my devices on a different wifi to my phone/tablet.  Is this possible?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fussyaussie,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are more than willing to provide you with more information about your Roku Camera connectivity.

Yes, the Roku camera can be run on a different internet connection from your phone, the important is they are both connected to the internet. For reference, you can visit our support article on how to set up your Roku camera.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.