Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbmccauley

Roku cameras hacked/video deleted

Is it possible for someone else to scan QR CODE & setup account with my if cameras are already registered? My cameras are being turned off & on ( not a network issue) I get text messages that there is an alert then no video to be found under notifications. Please advise

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku cameras hacked/video deleted

Greetings @Kbmccauley 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera inquiry.

Please be aware that the only way that someone could use your Roku Smart Home Camera would be if they factory reset the camera and then set it up again under their own Roku account. This would include connecting the Roku Smart Home Camera to a wireless network, scanning the QR code and finishing the setup process.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please clarify the behavior that is occurring? Can you provide screenshots or a video demonstrating the issue you are reporting?

With more detailed information, we will be able to look into the issue further. We look forward to hearing back with your response!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Betta522

I have my video because I recorded it. But my issue is a little different. I was laying in my bed and my house was completely quite and I heard a sound but I couldn’t figure out what it was. So I watched the camera on my Roku and I could hear someone watching tv or something and breathing heavily. Again my house was completely quite. I think the hacker found someway to hack my Roku cameras. I have my video but I can’t upload it up here it doesn’t give me that option. Main concern I have kids and what if this is a pedophile or some kind of creep. TMI - they might’ve seen me in my panties haha but no seriously this is embarrassing 

0 Kudos
ACLaB

We are noticing that our indoor cameras are turning red by themselves. Usually they turn red when my husband and I check them through the app. We are concerned someone else hacked into our feed. I have changed our password already and it’s still happening. Does the light only go from blue to red when someone is on the app? 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @ACLaB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for getting in touch with us about your inquiry regarding with light indication of your Indoor camera. We're pleased to assist.

Light status indicators on the Roku Indoor Camera and what they mean.

• Solid red light- The device is powered on and initializing
  • Flashing red light- The device is ready to connect
  • Flashing red and blue lights - The device is connected and finishing the setup
  • Solid blue light- The device is working properly

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ajf82
Reel Rookie

My cameras have recently started having a solid red light even when we are not checking them. It is freaking me out

0 Kudos

Roku Team,

I think you are missing the point here. Whenever the camera is turned on through the app and you view the feed live, the red light on the camera lights up and stays on. So, some of us are experiencing our cameras apparently turning and showing a live feed. Since each of us have identified that WE have not turned on the live feed, we are concerned that either someone has hacked our cameras or perhaps hacked your supply chain and is gaining access to all our cameras. Investigate the issue. Figure out what our cameras keep sporadically turn on and why it appears that someone is accessing our live feeds. Standing by for your response...

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ajf82 @G-DCorbi1984,
Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand that you are worried that you might be hacked or that somebody might be watching you on your Roku cameras. You have nothing to worry about. Please be advised that status lights change from time to time. There are blue, red, white, and yellow lights that indicate different statuses. Please check here so you can understand further the meaning of the status light on your Roku Smart Home camera. Also, Roku uses a P2P live streaming solution, which establishes a direct connection between a user’s phone and their Roku Smart Home camera. In other words, Roku or others that are not connected to your internet and are not signed in to your Roku Smart Home app do not have access to users’ live stream video footage because it is not processed or transmitted by Roku’s Smart Home network or cloud services.
We hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Woodstock_Rokr
Reel Rookie

Thank you Eunice for posting that information about all the status lights.  I, for one, will be adding that to my ever increasing folder of ROKU instructional materials... pretty soon, it'll be a book; or at least a manual, of sorts.  Thanks again, so far the system is running is working great: Just a couple of glitches here and there....  Nice to know this forum is moderated and staffed with knowledgeable folks to help us out when needed.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Woodstock_Rokr,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're glad to hear that things are working out great. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out anytime by posting here or tagging us to acquire our direct attention.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos