Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stopl

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @Beartiedie.

In this case, we'll request additional reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version

Once we have this information, we can forward it to our team to review your devices and determine the root cause. Also, if we have updates or additional information from them, we will make sure to update this thread. 

We'll anticipate your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Carly,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I've submitted the log as requested read the form.

I want to emphasize that we've been dealing with this issue for over 11 months, and it's becoming increasingly frustrating. Past tickets have been closed without proper resolution or follow-up, which is unacceptable given the time and effort we've invested.

At this point, I'm not willing to endure this problem any longer. I urge you to review the information we've previously submitted and ensure that the team addresses the root cause promptly. I don't want to spend another moment dealing with this issue, and I expect a swift and definitive resolution.

If there are updates, please communicate them promptly. Your immediate attention to this matter is crucial.

Best regards,

Beartiedie

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Beartiedie 

Thanks for the added information and for submitting the log. 

We are currently communicating this matter with our Engineering team as they would want to review your concern further and determine the root cause of it. Kindly provide us the following details below as requested by our team:

• Screenshot of your submitted log
  • Model of your phone, OS version, and firmware version of the Roku Smart Home app. 
  • Your Smart Home camera's device information
  • Video of the occurring issue for reference

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

In the meantime, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hreibsamen

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stop

Jump to solution

Everything was working fine until yesterday. One of the outside cameras doesn't notify or record any events at all, but I can access live feed. With my other two cameras, they record but when trying to watch any of the events, the app freezes right away and I have to close out of the entire thing. There's a post previous to mine that listed all of the things they have done to fix it on the user end and I've done all but delete and readd the cameras. Is there anyway to actually fix this issue??

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @hreibsamen,

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. 

Please provide us with the information being asked by @RokuCarly above.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CricketPie

Jump to solution

It appears Roku doesn’t give a hoot about the ongoing camera “freezing” issues. I just purchased an outdoor camera 3 days ago to watch birds and the live view and video are crystal clear. The first day I was able to watch the live view and videos without any issue (the picture is surprisingly crystal clear), but the last 2 days the videos freeze (actually they’re buffering) and the only way to get out of the Roku app is shut my phone off and that is a major pain in the a$$ with an iPhone.  I’ve tried everything recommended in the help section or on Google, and considering this has been a problem with Roku’s cameras since early last year, I have no confidence the issue will be resolved before my return period expires, so I think that’s what I’ll be doing. Returning it tomorrow and canceling my subscription. I had high hopes for this cute little camera, but evidently my expectations about performance are unrealistic. Of course, my firmware is UTD so Roku CS cannot blame it on that.  

0 Kudos