Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LC6529
Binge Watcher

Roku Wireless Camera Quits Sending Notifications

I have a Roku doorbell and a Roku wireless camera.  Since day one the doorbell has performed flawlessly which is what gave me the incentive to purchase the camera with a solar panel to monitor my driveway.  The camera hooked up easily and once added to my subscription it sent notifications every time someone came onto my driveway.   Suddenly, notifications quit working.  I would only get a notification when someone came to my door and when I would check the driveway camera I would see their vehicle.

When the last firmware update came out, the driveway camera suddenly began sending notifications again without any changes other than the update so I thought "Ah!  They must've had an issue and fixed it!"

All worked for a while but now it once again is not sending notifications.    This is very disappointing, how can I have confidence in Roku home security if suddenly the camera doesn't send notifications?

Yes, the settings are correct otherwise it would not have sent notifications automatically after the firmware update and no nothing has changed.  

Thank goodness the doorbell works.

1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Wireless Camera Quits Sending Notifications

Hi @LC6529,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having trouble getting notifications on your Roku camera. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to remove the Roku smart home app and re-add it again. Let's try to see if that will fix the issue that you're experiencing.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.