Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CParker
Roku Guru

Roku Smart Home cameras - solar panel

Jump to solution

Excited to see the cameras! I use Wyze cameras at our summer cottage for remote monitoring. Will the Roku outdoor cameras be able to be powered by the Wyze solar panels like I do with the Wyze-branded cameras?
If yes, I'll buy Roku cameras to replace the Wyze cameras and move the Wyze cameras to my home.
OR... is there any plan to get the Wyze cameras integrated into the Roku Smart Home app? If yes, then I won't have to move the existing ones and would just buy more for here at home.

Thanks!

Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Smart Home cameras - solar panel

Jump to solution

We're excited, too! 🙂

We've got the answer for you. The solar panels aren't officially supported by Roku, but they should work for your setup. 

Wyze devices cannot be controlled by the Roku app, and Roku devices cannot be controlled by the Wyze app. 

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Smart Home cameras - solar panel

Jump to solution

We're excited, too! 🙂

We've got the answer for you. The solar panels aren't officially supported by Roku, but they should work for your setup. 

Wyze devices cannot be controlled by the Roku app, and Roku devices cannot be controlled by the Wyze app. 

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.