Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chazkris3

Roku Smart Home System issues noticed before purchase

I just spent much time looking over this $99.99 system - the package, pricing, features, as well as some of the Forum Q&A's

First off, I do surveillance systems as part of my business, and already have an Ether-wired and one WiFi camera system installed at my home. I was hoping to replace all of it with an updated system - such as the Roku (verses cost for Lexus) or else originally to incorporate it into my existing system.

I found no way to email directly to Support with my Q&A's, so opted to look in the forum. After viewing the many posts, I was sadly disgusted finding out I won't be able to view my own recordings on my own equipment without paying for a Subscription every month (I liked the comment made about being 'kidnapped' by Roku/Noonlight).

I finnaly decided that even thought the system and optional devices are reasonibly priced, I find it useless for only viewing 'pictures'. To advertise it as 'Smart' and yet pay some one else to have control of what you own is ludicrous! So, I would not/will not recommend this system to any of my customers nor foresee us purchasing for our home and property.

With our current Ether/WiFi system, WE ARE in control of every feature of it on location and/or away from home!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Andres4

Re: Roku Smart Home System issues noticed before purchase

Si eso también creo roku es una mierda y solo quiere tenerte secuestrado a sus antojos.

0 Kudos
Andres4

Re: Roku Smart Home System issues noticed before purchase

Roku no te deja elegir una suscripción solo es la que te imponen todo es arreglado para que pongas tus datos de cobro antes de mostrarte que puedes comprar y el precio y no dan lo que prometen ,prometen sin suscripción fotos de detención de movimiento y es falso entre otras cosas ,no la recomiendo a nadie 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.