Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdBone
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Doorbell manually taking pictures and videos?

• I tried submitting a log and it says go to settings.  I have android 14. Not sure about os. Could it be one ui?
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

If you could email me I could send you a picture of all the phone information.  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@EdBone,

We have sent you a private message requesting additional information, which you can find in your inbox. Kindly take a moment to check and respond to our message. We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,
Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beboo

Let's explore two possibilities:

1. App Permissions: The app might require specific permissions to capture pictures and videos manually through the app itself. Check if the Roku Smart Home app has storage and camera access enabled in your phone's settings. bazoocam

2. Misinterpretation: It's possible there was a misunderstanding about the functionality. The Roku doorbell captures footage automatically, and you can access those recordings through the app. Manually triggering recordings might not be an available option. camzap

0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

I manually press the camera button to take a still picture and it says go to settings.  All settings are allowed.  This function works perfectly well on all my other cameras.  Why would it be a settings or a function thats not available if it works on 4 other  cameras? Was this the last post, your final recommendation? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.