Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucyLu1
Channel Surfer

Roku Camera Doorbell will not connect

Jump to solution

The camera will not connect. It worked perfectly fine, till it didn't. I've tried rebooting the router. Made sure I was connecting to 2.4ghz. Tried everything I was told, but kept getting an error code of 20004 and 20005 I would appreciate any help you can give me with this matter.

Thank you Lucy Lu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Camera will not connect

Jump to solution

Hi, @LucyLu1 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku Camera that will not connect to your network, and we're here to assist. The Error Codes 20004 and 20005 are indications that your Roku Camera is having an issue connecting to your network. We'll provide you with troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Restart the smart home app

Restart the app by doing one of the following:

• On an Apple device, swipe up, or double click the iOS home button and then swipe the smart home app to close it.
  • On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the smart home app to close it.

Wireless doorbell installation:

1. Loosen the security screw at the bottom of the doorbell
  2. Remove the backplate of your doorbell by sliding it down then pulling it away
  3. Press the Power button to turn the doorbell off
  4. Wait 30 seconds
  5. Press the Power button again to turn the doorbell on

For more information, you can visit this support article on Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup?

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @LucyLu1 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku Camera that will not connect to your network, and we're here to assist. The Error Codes 20004 and 20005 are indications that your Roku Camera is having an issue connecting to your network. We'll provide you with troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Restart the smart home app

Restart the app by doing one of the following:

• On an Apple device, swipe up, or double click the iOS home button and then swipe the smart home app to close it.
  • On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the smart home app to close it.

Wireless doorbell installation:

1. Loosen the security screw at the bottom of the doorbell
  2. Remove the backplate of your doorbell by sliding it down then pulling it away
  3. Press the Power button to turn the doorbell off
  4. Wait 30 seconds
  5. Press the Power button again to turn the doorbell on

For more information, you can visit this support article on Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup?

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LucyLu1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello there Thank you for responding to my message The issue being I was told months ago that there was a defect in the camera itself the doorbell work fine it just a camera would not connect so can somebody tell me if that problem has been corrected And maybe and newer model of the video doorbell wireless camera would work properly now

Thank you Lucylu1

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.