Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Paid for 2 cameras for a year, just got a 3rd, subscription end in Jan. What to do?

Jump to solution

I currently have 2 cameras paying 40 each for a year making 80 in total with the year ending mid January. I just got a 3rd camera. When looking at the pricing scale after 2 cameras it makes sense to go with the $100 a year plan where you are able to have up to like 90 plus cameras.

I'm wondering what the best option might be.

Should I wait till Mid January when my current subscription ends and then purchase a year at the $100 rate?

I would activate the 3rd now but not sure how that would effect my current 1 year subscription that I've already paid $80 for. the 2 camera I have up now.

Any advice or recommendations would be awesome!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paid for 2 cameras for a year, just got a 3rd, subscription end in Jan. What to do?

Jump to solution

Hi @Dfresh567,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your interest in enhancing your home security by adding your Roku Smart Home camera and subscription. This step will help you stay connected and monitor your space more effectively.

To ensure you get the most out of your Roku Smart Home camera subscription, we recommend not waiting until mid-January for your current plan to expire. You have the flexibility to upgrade your subscription at any point during the year.

When you choose to upgrade, rest assured that the cost will be prorated. This means you’ll only be charged for the additional time remaining on your current subscription. This way, you can enjoy enhanced features without losing any value from your existing plan.

To learn more about the Roku Smart Home subscription you can visit our Roku Support article: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells | How to change or transfer a Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if there's anything else you would like to address.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paid for 2 cameras for a year, just got a 3rd, subscription end in Jan. What to do?

Jump to solution

Hi @Dfresh567,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your interest in enhancing your home security by adding your Roku Smart Home camera and subscription. This step will help you stay connected and monitor your space more effectively.

To ensure you get the most out of your Roku Smart Home camera subscription, we recommend not waiting until mid-January for your current plan to expire. You have the flexibility to upgrade your subscription at any point during the year.

When you choose to upgrade, rest assured that the cost will be prorated. This means you’ll only be charged for the additional time remaining on your current subscription. This way, you can enjoy enhanced features without losing any value from your existing plan.

To learn more about the Roku Smart Home subscription you can visit our Roku Support article: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells | How to change or transfer a Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if there's anything else you would like to address.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuRiamie-D 

Perfect! That answers the question. I'm going to move forward with setting up and updating my subscription. Thanks for the answer and for the link to help with the process!

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dfresh567,

Thanks for the response!

We are glad you find our information helpful and we are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have concerns that you want to address.

For further Roku support, you can:

• Create a post here in the Roku Community
  • Check out the dedicated Roku Contact Us page for device or account issues.
  • Explore our comprehensive collection of help FAQs and videos. Get started here: Roku Support page

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community!

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuRiamie-D 

Never a bad thing to have multiple options. Thank you for the resources!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.