Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broberts0624
Reel Rookie

Outdoor wireless camera won’t send me notifications

Jump to solution

if I comply delete the device from the app and base station and reconnect it it will send me 1 or 2 maybe then after that no matter how close or far I am it won’t do nothing I have check the connection it’s great just won’t send nothing all my indoor cameras send me notifications and sound but not the outdoor one I paid a good bit for all the cameras I have just for it not to work 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor wireless camera won’t send me notifications

Jump to solution

Hi @broberts0624,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your problem of not being able to receive notifications for your Roku Outdoor Camera SE. We'll be glad to assist. Please follow the steps below to see if it fixes the issue.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and outdoor camera's firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure notifications are turned "on" in Settings.
  3. Ensure push notifications are "on.".
  4. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to your mobile phone. Check your Apple or Android app permissions.
  5. Check that your detection settings are turned "on" in the Events Recording setting.
  6. Ensure that there are no event recording schedules.
  7. Restart Roku Outdoor Camera SE.
  8. Check if there are any scheduled rules that might affect notifications.
  9. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app.
  10. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If the issue persists, factory reset the Roku Outdoor Camera SE, delete it from the Roku Smart Home app, and set it up again. You can also restart your network router and ensure that your Roku Outdoor Camera SE is not very far from the connection.

Please don't hesitate to inform us of this step's outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @broberts0624,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your problem of not being able to receive notifications for your Roku Outdoor Camera SE. We'll be glad to assist. Please follow the steps below to see if it fixes the issue.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and outdoor camera's firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure notifications are turned "on" in Settings.
  3. Ensure push notifications are "on.".
  4. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to your mobile phone. Check your Apple or Android app permissions.
  5. Check that your detection settings are turned "on" in the Events Recording setting.
  6. Ensure that there are no event recording schedules.
  7. Restart Roku Outdoor Camera SE.
  8. Check if there are any scheduled rules that might affect notifications.
  9. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app.
  10. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If the issue persists, factory reset the Roku Outdoor Camera SE, delete it from the Roku Smart Home app, and set it up again. You can also restart your network router and ensure that your Roku Outdoor Camera SE is not very far from the connection.

Please don't hesitate to inform us of this step's outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
broberts0624
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all the steps and it still don’t send them like it’s supposed to my indoor camera send them instantly and back to back when there’s movement but the out side will send me a notification and now and then I just want it fixed or replaced 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @broberts0624,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your concern!

We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible. Have you tried performing a factory reset of the Roku Outdoor Camera SE, deleting it from the Roku Smart Home app, and setting it up again? You can also restart your network router and ensure that your Roku Outdoor Camera SE is not very far from the connection.

Also, we suggest connecting your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos