Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pljackson
Reel Rookie

IP address for indoor camera

I need the IP address for the indoor camera I have. It is needed to manual add device to the hotel wifi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IP address for indoor camera

No device has an IP address until it's connected to a network.  Perhaps you mean MAC address, but I think you're going to have problems trying to use a camera on a hotel's Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Why would you even want to connect it to the hotel's wifi? What purpose are you trying to accomplish?

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Pljackson
Reel Rookie

Excuse me🤣🤣🤣🤣 Well if you must know it's for business purposes overseeing the room. Purpose of the the room (Extended Stay) with more commercial fixture rather than residential. E-commerce business 2 employees.😁😁 I'm the owner but I'm not there. It's 2024 big business getting smaller....

0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Okay, but you're being pretty vague. It's pretty hard to help with situations like yours without knowing exactly what it is you're actually attempting to do. For example, are you wanting to access a camera inside the room from a remote location over the Internet? That would require administrative access to the hotel's routers. You say you're "the owner" but not what you own. The business? The Hotel? Are they one and the same?

All you originally explained is that you want to obtain the camera's IP. If we know WHY you want to (for what specific purpose), we can help you better. Whether you have access to the hotel's router is extremely pertinent to what you are able or not able to do, which in turn affects what the best solution is. Without that information we could be telling to you try things you couldn't possibly try. If you don't have access to the routers there may or may not be workarounds, depending on the LAN set up there. 

Can't teach a beginner to play poker if he never shows you his hand.😎

EDIT: After thinking about it that analogy isn't a very good one because it's not the why that's as important as the what. What are you trying to do with the camera (be specific)? I really don't care why as long as you're not trying to spy on people illegally. 

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Pljackson
Reel Rookie

Where did u come from? I know what to do now with the hotel wifi. Spy? Bye dude

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.