Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluchevypick
Reel Rookie

Outdoor flood light constantly disconnecting from tv app

Jump to solution

I have two cameras outside my shop.  i have the floodlight camera and a regular outdoor camera.  I put them on my tv in my shop office so i can see whats going on when someone pulls up.  The regular outdoor camera stays connected but the floodlight camera constantly disconnects and makes me try again to connect.  Usually does this about every 5-10 minutes.  Ive restarted the camera but that doesnt help.  It is closer to the wifi router than the other.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor flood light constantly disconnecting from tv app

Jump to solution

Hi @bluchevypick,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku floodlight camera since it keeps disconnecting from the TV app. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, try to remove the app and re-add it back again.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bluchevypick,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you even more with this issue you had with the Roku floodlight camera SE, which constantly disconnects from the TV app. Are you getting any error messages or codes? When did the issue start? Have you tried to see if there was an available update on the Roku smart home app and on the Roku camera?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bluchevypick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no error message.  We just recently put a tv in my office so when i was in here i could watch the camera live the entire time.  it has done it since i put tv in here.  It will just disconnect and say "unable to connect to this camera".  Sometimes just leave it on the screen and it will auto pop back up or hit ok and it will hook back to it.  It only does this to the flood light camera and not the regular outdoor camera.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bluchevypick,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku floodlight camera since it keeps disconnecting from the TV app. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, try to remove the app and re-add it back again.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.