Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikeh74
Reel Rookie

Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

Hi, I know this topic has been posted before by @Johnny9.

"I made sure firmware updates are current for both the camera and the base station. Firmware was updated from the settings menu. I uninstalled the Smart Home app from my phone, powered the phone off and then powered it back up. Reinstalled the Smart Home app. I can see the camera fine when on my local network but still cannot see it when away from home. I have checked every setting in the app and do not see anything that looks out of place."

I am having this problem also, the instant I turn off my phone's WiFi the camera's feed freezes and I can't see it at all when I'm away from home.

I was wondering if it had been resolved and if so, how?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Johnny9
Channel Surfer

Re: Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

I had this same problem almost a year ago. Roku definitely has a problem with these cameras that has apparently still not been resolved. However I did find a fix which is probably not what you want to hear. I trashed the Roku camera and bought Ring cameras. That solved my problem. The Ring cameras work great.

0 Kudos
Mikeh74
Reel Rookie

Re: Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

I thought that might be the reply. It's a good thing that I kept the box. Thanks for letting me know. 👍

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.