Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTW4895

Notification alert sound for camera

Jump to solution

Is there any way to change notification alert sound

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Notification alert sound for camera

Jump to solution

@RTW4895

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Home app notification alert sound cannot be changed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RTW4895

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Home app notification alert sound cannot be changed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KennL

Jump to solution

This should be changed to be able too as I get notifications all day that use same notifications sound so I miss when someone hits the doorbell button...Ring has this feature you guys should look into this.....major downfall

KirkRB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A unique ring tone for activity and for doorbell should be a high priority update.  Today's phones give us notifications all day long that mostly nonsense.  We need to know when something real happens.  I know when I get txt, an email and I need to know when someone's on my porch. (!)

Please make this happen.

Thank you

mtwrangler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That is absolutely bonkers! The current sound they just changed to, is ridiculous. Who chooses this stuff? Even Wyze, who Roku is just a rebranded imitation, has 4 you can choose from, but of course those are extremely poor by anyone's standard, but at least a person can differentiate between cameras when you have a mix of Wyze and Roku. 

Come on guys, you're supposed to be the experts in app programming, come out of the dark ages.

Jump to solution

That’s crazy. I might dump Roku if I can’t change the tone. It’s the same tone as every other notification I get. I’m being stalked by someone who has threatened to kill me and I was hoping I could set a unique tone to alert me when there’s someone at my door. Please add this feature 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KrispyGiblets,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear what you are experiencing. No worries. We will pass along your feedback to our Roku team for review. Also, feel free to keep an eye on our blog for any future announcements or updates.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I agree with everyone else that you should be able to change it.  The notification sound is the same as my texts.  I work in a warehouse and I was hoping I could differentiate between texts from my customers and drivers at my docks.

This is very disappointing.  I got the Roku because it's a trusted name, didn't break the bank, and is generally easy to use.

At least I was able to change the chime to be different and loud enough to hear over forklifts.

lisafultz68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This little alert sound is not loud enough!! I have my ex threatening me and I have these cameras but the alert is just a little sound that barely gets my attention let alone wake me up. I should be able to adjust the sounds just like my phone. Louder alert at night when I’m asleep please change this. It’s ridiculous!!

0 Kudos
lisafultz68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How did you change the chime and make it louder? Is that for cameras?

0 Kudos