Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juanalopez
Reel Rookie

My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

I can see that it says motion and that it’s a 42 second long video but when I go and try to watch it it says upload failed and that it wasn’t successfully uploaded to cloud. How can I get this issue to go away and how can I watch the video??

79 REPLIES 79
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

Greetings @Juanalopez 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry about your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Can you clarify the issue you are experiencing regarding the Roku Smart Home Camera stating "upload failed"? Does this issue only occur on a specific video, or does it happen on all of the video you are trying to view?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Juanalopez
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

It occurs on some videos but not all but I really needed this specific video because someone came to our house and we don’t know who it was and it was caught on the camera but again it says “upload failed”

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Juanalopez 

Thanks for the follow up regarding our previous reply.

We would recommend trying to restart your Roku Smart Home Camera, as well as refreshing your Roku Smart Home Mobile app to see if that helps what you are experiencing.

Unfortunately if neither of those resolve the issue you are seeing, it's possible that the video that you are trying to view may not be able to be recovered.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Commonly experienced this issue with the Roku Floodlight SE camera and Cloud.  What camera do you have, as you don't specify?

I can't say if this issue is endemic to other models, but it certainly was able to be replicated with ease on the above.

Missjess23
Channel Surfer

It happens with mine as well. I would say 2/10 don’t say “upload failed” it has actually began getting worse over the past few weeks. Before it would be 1 or 2 a day. Now it’s most of them. I pay for the subscription in order to have these records since I can’t play back the SD records. How can this be permanently resolved so it doesn’t keep occurring.

I have the Roku Outdoor Wired SE.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Missjess23 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your videos failing to upload.

Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps I provided in my previous post?

Please keep me posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Missjess23
Channel Surfer

Hi -

I’ve reinstalled the app, I’ve unplugged the camera for a bit, I installed an SD card. I even contacted my internet provider to see if everything was okay in their side. I sync the time up to make sure that wasn’t an issue. But still 90% of yesterdays videos all have this error and so far today it is still happening. Now this was not occurring the whole time I’ve had the camera, just the past few weeks and it just gets worse and worse. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Missjess23 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Roku Smart Home device showing failing to upload.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps what you are experiencing? If the issue is still occurring, can you please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Missjess23
Channel Surfer

Hi

Yes the network was restarted multiple times and they send updates as well to make sure my network was at its strongest. It still occurred multiple times in a row after and then again today. 

Log ID: 23637, 23638, 23639, 23640, 23641

these are just a few as it would take me hours to send them all over.