Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgp_73

Indoor cameras not saving videos up to 14 days

Jump to solution

Not sure why I pay a subscription to keep my videos up to 14 days and they turn to pictures the next day. I’ve been having a horrible experience with these Roku cameras I’m having to mess with them everyday and I’ve submitted two logs in which were never responded to. Clearly I am not the only one with this problem. If this does not resolve I’m just going to end subscription and buy a whole new camera with someone else. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor cameras not saving videos up to 14 days

Jump to solution

Hi @Mgp_73 @CIAMyth,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it was not saving a videos up to 14 days. We're happy to assist you. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Please confirm the Roku Smart Home app and Roku indoor camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Confirm that detecting motion and sound is turned on in the Events Recording setting. (Indoor Live Stream > Settings > Event Recording)
  3. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100. (Indoor Live Stream > Settings > Detection Zone)
  4. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled rules that might affect when event recording takes place.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
CIAMyth

Jump to solution

Same problem here starting before 6p.m. on July 24th. The videos were recorded because I watched them. Later that day I went to review them and they were replaced with a still image. Can't access any from the 23rd, 22nd, etc., even though I know they were there because I check them daily. Called and dealt with roku support twice. In the end I was told that either I deleted them...which I obviously didn't or that there was a glitch in the app which I un-installed and reinstalled per advice of support. Not happy. Roku's been great up until this past Wednesday.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mgp_73 @CIAMyth,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it was not saving a videos up to 14 days. We're happy to assist you. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Please confirm the Roku Smart Home app and Roku indoor camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Confirm that detecting motion and sound is turned on in the Events Recording setting. (Indoor Live Stream > Settings > Event Recording)
  3. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100. (Indoor Live Stream > Settings > Detection Zone)
  4. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled rules that might affect when event recording takes place.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Matchew

Jump to solution

Tell me about it. There is absolutely no organization on any part of their software, hardware, or webpage. Everything is a runaround. My cameras record what they want and when i what to actually use them is when they are unresponsive! 🤦🏻 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.