Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soulrae67
Reel Rookie

Wired Roku Camera live stream

Jump to solution

I am having an issue getting my camera footage connected to my onn roku tv with the roku camera channel when the tv is connected to a different wifi network than the cameras. I can use the smart home app on my phone using my cellular data and access my cameras just fine from there. Is it mandatory for my roku tv to be connected to the same wifi network as my cameras to be able too view them from my roku tv? If not how do I fix this issue so I can view my camera live stream from my roku tv? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wired Roku Camera live stream

Jump to solution

Hi @Soulrae67,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reporting this concern to our attention that you are not getting your Roku camera live stream to your Onn Roku TV. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

You don't need to connect it to the same internet service in order to view the event recordings and the live video stream of your Roku Smart Home camera. To view your Roku camera footage on a Roku TV, both the Roku TV and the camera need to be connected to the same Roku account.

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to View a Live Video Stream from Your Roku Smart Home Camera or Video Doorbell.

We hope this information helps you resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Soulrae67,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reporting this concern to our attention that you are not getting your Roku camera live stream to your Onn Roku TV. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

You don't need to connect it to the same internet service in order to view the event recordings and the live video stream of your Roku Smart Home camera. To view your Roku camera footage on a Roku TV, both the Roku TV and the camera need to be connected to the same Roku account.

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to View a Live Video Stream from Your Roku Smart Home Camera or Video Doorbell.

We hope this information helps you resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Soulrae67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They are both connected to the same roku account but not the same wifi network. It will not show me the live stream. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Soulrae67 

Thanks for the prompt update!
In this case, we'll need help from the appropriate Roku team to investigate this further. We'll also need the information from this.
Please share with us the details below.

• Roku Smart Home channel version
  • Any error message when accessing Live Stream? A photo or video clip would be helpful.
  • Are you able to access any event recordings?
  • Does removing > restarting your TV > reinstalling the channel help?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.