NellieKitty
Level 7

Indoor Camera won't record video, only images

Hello I have 2 Roku indoor cameras.  One of the cameras will record motion detection and video record the action.  The second camera will only send images.  Both cameras were purchased as the same time, trial completed and purchased a subscription.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Saltycracker
Level 8

Event Recording access to SD card

I made the mistake of thinking the Roku Smart Home cameras were just a rebranded Wyze Cam V3 and Pan 360. Once the Free 14 day Roku Smart Home subscription ends, unlike the Wyze Cam, you cannot access your video event recordings on the camera's Micro SD with the Roku Smart Home App. SD has to be ejected from camera and video has to be retrieved with a computer. That is very disappointing and had I known I would have purchased the Wyze Cam V3 instead of the three Roku cameras I bought and installed. Roku should revise the Roku Smart Home App with an update to the firmware or at least lower the subscription cost.

2 Roku indoor SE, 1 360 SE.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Indoor Camera won't record video, only images

@NellieKitty
Thanks for the post.

For clarification, what kind of Roku Smart Home subscription do you currently have? Do you have a Roku Smart Home subscription for each of your Roku Smart Home Cameras?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NellieKitty
Level 7

Hello Danny, I have no idea what subscription I have all the APP says is subscription active.  There is no other radial button to click.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NellieKitty

Thanks for the post.

For more information about to how check you Roku account in regards to your Roku Smart Home subscriptions, visit our Support page here: Sign up for a Roku Smart Home Subscription

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Saltycracker
Level 8

Isn't there only one kind of Roku smart home subscription? You may be missing my point and that is I cannot view recorded video on my Roku cameras without a subscription to Roku smart home for all cameras a $100 ay. Only option is to remove the micro SD card and view on a PC, whereas the Wyze software allows access to micro SD video files through the Wyze app, Roku app does not.

0 Kudos