Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor Camera won't record video, only images

Hello I have 2 Roku indoor cameras.  One of the cameras will record motion detection and video record the action.  The second camera will only send images.  Both cameras were purchased as the same time, trial completed and purchased a subscription.  

7 REPLIES 7
Saltycracker
Channel Surfer

Event Recording access to SD card

I made the mistake of thinking the Roku Smart Home cameras were just a rebranded Wyze Cam V3 and Pan 360. Once the Free 14 day Roku Smart Home subscription ends, unlike the Wyze Cam, you cannot access your video event recordings on the camera's Micro SD with the Roku Smart Home App. SD has to be ejected from camera and video has to be retrieved with a computer. That is very disappointing and had I known I would have purchased the Wyze Cam V3 instead of the three Roku cameras I bought and installed. Roku should revise the Roku Smart Home App with an update to the firmware or at least lower the subscription cost.

2 Roku indoor SE, 1 360 SE.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera won't record video, only images

@NellieKitty
Thanks for the post.

For clarification, what kind of Roku Smart Home subscription do you currently have? Do you have a Roku Smart Home subscription for each of your Roku Smart Home Cameras?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello Danny, I have no idea what subscription I have all the APP says is subscription active.  There is no other radial button to click.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NellieKitty

Thanks for the post.

For more information about to how check you Roku account in regards to your Roku Smart Home subscriptions, visit our Support page here: Sign up for a Roku Smart Home Subscription

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saltycracker
Channel Surfer

Isn't there only one kind of Roku smart home subscription? You may be missing my point and that is I cannot view recorded video on my Roku cameras without a subscription to Roku smart home for all cameras a $100 ay. Only option is to remove the micro SD card and view on a PC, whereas the Wyze software allows access to micro SD video files through the Wyze app, Roku app does not.

WhiteHype

Re: Event Recording access to SD card

It’s $10 a month or $100 a year…..why not just pay the $$$ to have 24/7 security on your house?

I also have two cameras and have the same issue. I have an indoor camera that always records full motion videos and an outdoor camera that sometimes records full motion videos but other times records 0 second videos. When I view those its just a snapshot. Yes, I have an active plus plan subscription for both cameras. Hopefully the day when the grim reaper comes knocking isn't one of those days when the camera only records his smiling face in a snapshot.