Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squiggy
Reel Rookie

Indoor Camera SE Detection zones and sensitivity explained

I have the Indoor Camera SE. 

Detection Zones;

I have it placed looking out a window on the second story facing downward to view my yard.  In this view, there is a partial street that I don't want to capture (cars passing by, people, bikes etc.).  I have "greyed" out the area that I don't want to monitor.  I assume that this Detection Zone feature would be designed for any application such as mine where I DON'T want to view.  I spoke with JM in the chat and he directed me to the support page that I still couldn't find out any information to help me.  I couldn't find anything in that link that would help my situation.   I have pictures for example, but couldn't figure out how to attach them here. 

Sensitivity;

If I reduce the sensitivity to eliminate the traffic on the street (which is what the detection zone should NOT capture) won't I also reduce the likelyhood that I won't capture something in the zone that I DO want to capture?  

Roku or anyone; Please advise, or share if what I'm trying to do is possible.  Maybe the detection zones aren't working?  That's the only thing I can conclude.  

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Indoor Camera SE Detection zones and sensitivity explained

I put my Outdoor SE camera in a window and it wouldn't detect anyone that walked up to the window.  I gave up on trying to play with the settings.  It works much better mounted outside, but that's probably not a good solution for an indoor camera.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Squiggy 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are experiencing, but we will need more details to investigate further. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• screenshots of your Roku Smart Home mobile app settings for that specific camera
  • pictures of the issue you are experiencing

In addition, please be aware that a factor that could possibly be affecting what you are seeing is that you are using an indoor camera through a window, as opposed to a Roku Smart Home outdoor camera.

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marston

I have the same exact question is the grade area and detection Zone where it detects or what it does not detect nothing hard about that question.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Marston,

Thank you for your first post!

Smart home cameras have a passive infrared (PIR) sensor that detects heat from people, warm-blooded animals, and vehicles with a warm engine. To get the full benefits of the PIR sensor, place your camera away from constant heat sources and avoid locations in direct sunlight.

We hope this helps!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.