Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcrdaddyscruffy
Reel Rookie

IP Camera Viewer Video Pixelate

I recently purchased and installed the IP Camera Viewer Roku app. and all three of my cameras connected to the application successfully.  The issue I have is that the video being displayed is pixelated for all three cameras.  The quality of the video  being displayed is not very clear.  I installed the viewer program on two of my TV's (via Roku).  One was a 1080P Samsung and the other was a 4K Samsung and the same results.  By the way, the connection from my Amcrest DVR to all three cameras is via RS485.

I have no video issue when viewing the feed from my computer or cellphone using the Amcrest (AMDV10814-S4) Surveillance Pro software.  Everything is sharp and clear.  One of my PTZ cameras is a SecuPlug another is a Stoic.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mcrdaddyscruffy
Reel Rookie

Re: IP Camera Viewer Video Pixelate

I modified many of the initial settings to see if it would make a difference, but no, the images appear to have a low resolution and quality is not good.  It would be nice if the developer of this application would chime in and make a few suggestions.  I'd like to keep this app, but as I mentioned, the pixels in the image appear and ruin the quality of the display.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IP Camera Viewer Video Pixelate

@mcrdaddyscruffy, this section of the "community" is for Roku cameras.  You might be better off posting in the Channels & viewing section.  The developer, @ioan , probably never looks here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos