Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to speak with someone

Help, please! 

I have successfully signed into and can video stream effectively on the camera. It's the Firmware that is not successfully updating (with power on, proper connectivity, etc). I have literally tried a multitude of times to update, beyond frustrated at this point. 

I simply need to speak with someone. 

I am a point of returning the device and cancelling subscription if not resolved.

Thank you, RR

#firmward #updates #returndevice #speaktoahuman @speaktoahuman @customerservice #customerservice 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I need to speak with someone

I had the same problem with my two cameras in the detached garage. I could connect to them and see video but could not complete the firmware update. I took them into the house near the router/access point and tried again. Updated the first time! I knew my wifi was a bit weak in the garage but didn't think it was that bad as they functioned. You could try it and see if this helps.

Now I'm working on making my wifi network more powerful.

Good Luck!

Chris

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I need to speak with someone

Greetings @rebeccarosecvt 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Cameras.

As @ChrisAWallace mentioned, have you tried moving the camera closer to your wireless network router to see if that helps the issue you are seeing in regards to updating the firmware on your Roku Smart Home Camera?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos