Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to view smart home cams on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@notna2634

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Agreed! Long time wyze products user here. I have indoor, outdoor, doorbells, and locks. Now I see Roku made some investment/partnership with wyze, the products are CLEARLY THE SAME but Roku won't allow any integration between the two companies. STUPID. READING THIS ROKU? Fix this ASAP if you have any sense at all. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have to consider that perhaps Wyse didn't want their product lines to work interactively. They might consider it a business advantage to not allow the two products to work with the other's apps. We have no way of knowing, and the two companies will likely never say so publicly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TomC722
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just use a Fire stick. They are compatible and you can even link it to Alexa. So you can simply ask Alexa to "show" living room or front door or whatever camera you wish to view. The fire stick is compatible with all streaming apps on the Roku as well. No need to have both. But if you must you can easily switch between both devices. If Roku doesn't want to play nice they may lose customers. That may make them respond. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@TomC722 wrote:

The fire stick is compatible with all streaming apps on the Roku as well.

That's simply false.  They may have the same services available, but they are most definitely not compatible.  I'm sure there's plenty in the Roku Channel Store that you won't find on a Fire stick (and vice versa).

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TomC722
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Alright. I'm not going to make a spreadsheet to compare what streaming services are available on each. But the fact is that most streaming popular services work with the fire stick. Yes Roku has their own free "live" channel but you can get the same or similar free live with other streaming services as well. Anyway, the point is if you want to see your Wyze cameras, use the fire stick. It's easier than buying all new Roku cameras and cheaper and you can watch TV and use Alexa. 

0 Kudos
Fratinize
Reel Rookie

Where is the Wyze app on Roku

Jump to solution

Can not find the Wyze app on Roku! Anybody?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Where is the Wyze app on Roku

Jump to solution

There is no Wyse app for Roku devices. You need to ask Wyse to create one. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
WasARokFan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it looks like the answer is to add a fire stick to your Roku TV, which is ridiculous, but since ROKU is trying to shove their cam systems, which I agree are identical to Wyzecams, down our throats. Being heavily invested in ROKU stock, I would think that the prudent decision would be to get that Wyze camera app on their platform ASAP so that people will start buying Roku TVs now that they’ve got into that realm. I’d have it done by this afternoon if I were them. There are millions of homes that have Wyze Cams. I’m not throwing away the six that I have monitoring my parents home along with my home. 
    Unfortunately I’ve lost 5 figures with Roku stock in the last 2 years. With this kind of decision-making, I might have to join the stock shorters position out there and try to make my money back the opposite way! Wake up Roku. Do unto others, and you will reap the benefits. This is so frustrating.
   In the meantime I’m gonna have to try a fire stick or Alexis which is what a lot of people are going to do. When that happens and people become familiar with those systems, ROKU will begin to lose market share and lots of money and that’s just stupid! Happy Valentines, everybody,💝

0 Kudos
WasARokFan
Reel Rookie

Re: Where is the Wyze app on Roku

Jump to solution

There’s not one yet, but I’m seeing videos on how to connect with a fire stick, and Alexis.

0 Kudos