Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessieharless
Reel Rookie

How to contact Roku Support?

I’ve had my Roku items for a few months now. I have two cameras, they worked great a new days maybe a week. Then started to say it couldn’t connect half of the time, then not at all. Couldn’t update it, did everything the support page said to do and still nothing. It would work sometimes so I kept them up but now they won’t even turn on. They  disappeared from my smart home app as well with no reasoning. I can’t get them to turn back on either. I got them from Walmart and I can’t seem to get any information on how to replace them with the Roku warranty that it says they have automatically. I’m worried my other Roku items are going to start shutting off without warning too. Was the cameras just poorly made? I can’t seem to get any help from these websites Roku keeps telling me to go too. No email or phone number I can find. I wouldn’t have gotten anything Roku if I knew it would be this hard to get any help. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to contact Roku Support?

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Jessieharless!

Our sincerest apologies for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate the steps you've taken to resolve the issues you are currently experiencing with your Roku Smart Home cameras to no avail. 

For any Roku Smart Home device, Roku streaming player, Roku Streaming Stick, or Roku audio device, Roku warrants the hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase ("Warranty Period") if used in accordance with the provided documentation. 

For further details about this, kindly visit: Roku Devices limited warranty and End User License Agreement.

If you believe your Roku Smart Home camera is malfunctioning, you must first request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Before you submit a replacement request, it is important to understand the details of the process as described in this article. Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements

If you need further clarification and assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be happy to help.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jessieharless
Reel Rookie

How do I request a RMA? I’m not sure if I’m even talking to a real person. I just keep being sent links that do nothing no where to even click to get the rma. This is beyond confusing and wish I could get ahold of a human. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku support? How do I talk to a person? This seems unbelievably hard

Hi @Jessieharless,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku Smart Home cameras, which is not connecting or updating on your Roku Smart Home app. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• When did the issue start?
  • Have you restarted your network router?
  • Did you experience any power outages or changes on your network?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes on your Roku Smart Home app?
  • Have you tried signing out and signing back in or removing and re-downloading the Roku Smart Home app?
  • Have you tried restarting, factory-resetting, and re-adding your Roku cameras?

Please elaborate on the issue that you are experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you have taken, so we can further assist you. We also recommend trying the steps mentioned in the questions. We'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rolloit

Yes, they have made it extremely hard to contact support...currently, if I send in a support question, it wont go through, I get a "Oops... Something went wrong on our end. Please try sending again." message.  This has been happening for two days straight, and Ive tried two different machines.  Not good.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Rolloit,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having a hard time contacting Roku Support. We're pleased to assist.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more detailed information about the issue you're experiencing. This will enable us to better understand the problem and offer more effective solutions. We have sent you a private message to gather additional information, and we kindly ask that you respond to it as soon as possible. Our team is committed to providing you with the best possible assistance, and we are confident that with your help, we can resolve this issue quickly and efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos