Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricT73
Reel Rookie

Floodlight camera light issues

Bought second wired  floodlight camera. First one works great. Second one doesn’t have an icon in app to turn light on and off and no accessory button shows in app to adjust brightness/etc. Have already restarted. Powered off and back on and re-added the camera to app. Also with camera active, lights continuously cycle on and off. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Floodlight camera light issues

Hi @EricT73,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem. Please try to update the Roku Smart Home app to ensure it is up-to-date. If the issue persists, please try uninstalling the Roku Smart Home app and reinstalling it again to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dlayne9067
Reel Rookie

Floodlight will not adjust?

0 Kudos
Dlayne9067
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem and have not yet been able to resolve it

HammerJ
Reel Rookie

Has anybody figured this out?  Mine did the same thing and customer Support is useless 

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HammerJ,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I noticed in your post that you are having an issue with your Roku Floodlight. I would be more than willing to help you with this.

To thoroughly investigate this issue, could you please provide additional details about it? In the meantime, I suggest you try the following.

Restart your Floodlight:

1. Locate the breaker switch that controls power to your floodlight camera
  2. Flip the switch to the OFF position
  3. Wait 10 seconds
  4. Flip the switch to the ON position
  • Warning: If you are unsure which breaker switch controls your floodlight camera or you are uncomfortable with the steps, contact a licensed electrician for assistance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HammerJ
Reel Rookie

I’ve done all of this, I’ve spent countless hours on the phone with the useless customer support. Sitting for hours waiting for a resolution and  then the live chat disappears….  The issue was supposedly escalated to the engineering team but it’s been almost a year now and I’ve Got no resolution to my issue. What a waste of time and $100 that I’ll never get back. 

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HammerJ,

Thanks for the response!

Could you please provide us with more details about your Roku Floodlight issue? Any additional information will help us examine your concern more closely. Thank you for your cooperation.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EricT73
Reel Rookie

After trying cycling the power and even rechecking the wiring, I finally took mine back to where I bought it and got a refund and purchased another to try. I’ve bought 6 total, with 2 of them being “bad” from the get go that I ended up returning. 

Kchesse

I have the very same issue going on with my floodlight cam.  Light icon and accessories tab disappeared...now error code 30 and wont come online.  $100 down the drain...just waiting on the other 3 to pull the same stunt.  Doorbell cam cones and goes as it pleases.  Error 20202 for that one.  Rebooted internet, cut power, reset, and reloaded the app.  ROKU has a lot of explaining to do.  They keep asking me to update the TV box...but that won't accept updates.  Their firmware has me looking to Google or a wired in set of cameras to a central monitoring unit.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.