Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User45
Streaming Star

Floodlight Camera won’t save video clips

I have subscription and 4 other cameras and videos save to cloud fine. Floodlight camera intermittently saves video clips 15percent of the time after restarting camera several times. WiFi connection is excellent. Is it the device? What other options do I have?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Floodlight Camera won’t save video clips

Hi @User45 

Thanks or posting in the Roku Community regarding your Roku Smart Home Floodlight not saving video clips.

The issue you are experiencing is possibly due to connectivity issues. How far is your Roku Smart Home Floodlight Camera from your wireless network router? If you go into Camera > Settings > Device info > Signal strength, how strong is the signal?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
User45
Streaming Star

All connections are fine, several resets, all. Works then stops. Last resort to factory reset, rescan setup or return for replacement. I’ll keep you posted unless other suggestions available 

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Btw…full bars on WiFi. Not the issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @User45 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with those details.

If you do see this issue occur again moving forward, please feel free to submit a log within the Roku Smart Home mobile app and then please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log).

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

I’ve submitted several logs, moving and just pics. I can send you log numbers if you like, just remind me how to view logs submitted, I will gladly send numbers to you

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Log ID’s:

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

If I do need to replace this Floodlight Camera SE post troubleshooting and factory reset, How do I get a RMA to get replacement?  I purchased it 29days ago, Walmart return warranty 30days. 1yr Roku return policy? They promised return and replacement policy. I just didn’t like email I received about the complaint com website. Not complaining, just need support before warranty expires. 🥴

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @User45 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with details regarding what you are experiencing.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
User45
Streaming Star

Thank you. I hope for resolution. RMA or otherwise via warranty post all and et. Thank you for reply 👍

0 Kudos