Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Firmware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

Same here, nothings working for me.. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beccalynn179,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue. We'd like to see more of what's going on here.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Have you tried restarting your router to see if you're able to update it successfully?

Tell us more about this so that we'll be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LoG38

Jump to solution

Our problem now, I subscribed,  debited ftom my bank  $3.+ and yet still can't update the firmwate,  all the features when installed were lost after the trial period .. very disappointing 

0 Kudos
Shpongler

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem and have tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck at all. I even tried three different phones and still can't get the cameras to update. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shpongler,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us, and we're here to assist. Let's try to perform a restart to your Roku camera to see if it is able to update.

Follow the steps below to restart your smart home device in the app. If your device does not have a restart option in the app, alternate instructions are also provided below.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings in the corner
  4. Scroll down and tap Restart or Restart Camera

If you are restarting a Roku Outdoor Camera SE, use the following steps instead:

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar
  2. Select your camera
  3. Tap More
  4. Tap Turn off
  5. Wait 30 seconds
  6. Tap the Power icon

If you're looking to learn more information about restarting your Roku camera, we would suggest checking out Roku's official support website. They have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers a wide range of topics related to Roku devices, including troubleshooting, setup, and more.
Here's the link to their FAQ page: What to do if your Roku Smart Home device is unable to update software

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos