Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithcodegirls
Channel Surfer

Factory Reset on Wireless Camera

Jump to solution

We had an issue with our router where all devices needed to "forget" the previous wifi connection (although the same name), and then reconnect.  

The Roku wireless camera will not connect now. 

Is there a way to factory reset the camera/doorbell? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Factory Reset on Wireless Camera

Jump to solution

Hi @smithcodegirls,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you want to factory reset your Roku camera or doorbell since it will not connect to your Wi-Fi. We're happy to help. Please check out this support article here on how to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smithcodegirls,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you want to factory reset your Roku camera or doorbell since it will not connect to your Wi-Fi. We're happy to help. Please check out this support article here on how to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
menmen

Jump to solution

😀😀

0 Kudos
smithcodegirls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The instructions do not include the wireless camera. 

Is it possible to factory reset? And if so where are the directions. 

0 Kudos
smithcodegirls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There are no instructions for the wireless outdoor camera.  How do we factory reset?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @smithcodegirls!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Unlike other Roku smart home cameras, the Roku Outdoor Camera SE cannot be factory reset for privacy and security reasons. However, you can restart it to help with troubleshooting. Simply open the weatherproof cover on the back of the camera, slide the power switch off, wait a moment, and switch it back on. This procedure does not disconnect your camera from Wi-Fi or remove it from your Roku account.

If you need to factory reset the base station included with your outdoor camera, follow the following steps.

1. Plug in the base station if not already powered on.
  2. Use a paperclip to press and hold the pinhole Reset button for 15 seconds until the status light turns solid yellow. The reset button is on the side of the base station where the USB port is located.
  3. Wait at least 90 seconds for your camera to restart.

For a successful reset, check to see that the status light on top of the base station is flashing blue. If you need to connect the base station again, visit the Roku Outdoor Camera SE setup instructions.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smithcodegirls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There are no instructions for the camera/doorbell combination.  

Where is the reset pinhole? 

We have this product.  There is a button on the side of the doorbell, and a small hole on the front of the camera/doorbell.

https://www.roku.com/products/smart-home/doorbells/roku-wire-free-video-doorbell-chime

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@smithcodegirls, there should be a button on the back.  The "Quick Start Guide" says it's a power button, but I'd give it a try.  I don't have one to try it on myself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
smithcodegirls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the power button does not reset.  My next solution is to take the entire unit to another location, try to set up the wifi at this location, and then bring the unit back to the original location.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.