Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stampedvxl

Event playback is choppy.

Jump to solution

Hello I have six cameras all indoor cameras and I seem to be having the same issue The only one I'm having the issue with is the one right next to the router I power cycled I've reset the camera I even took the camera back and bought a completely different camera and it is still choppy All of the rest of the cameras are sporadically spread out through the house some of them on the opposite side of the house and the recording video is smooth, firmware is up to date firmware is the same on all cameras

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Event playback is choppy

Jump to solution

Hi @stampedvxl,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We have read your inquiry, and we appreciate you for sharing this information so that we can have the opportunity to assist you. For workarounds, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure that detects motion and detects sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Check if there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  5. Check to see if there are any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
  6. Restart the modem and router, and ensure that the camera is connected to the network and receiving enough connection.
  7. Restart Camera.
  8. Restart the Roku Smart Home App.

Let us know how it works.
All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Event playback is choppy

Jump to solution

Hi @stampedvxl,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We have read your inquiry, and we appreciate you for sharing this information so that we can have the opportunity to assist you. For workarounds, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure that detects motion and detects sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Check if there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  5. Check to see if there are any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
  6. Restart the modem and router, and ensure that the camera is connected to the network and receiving enough connection.
  7. Restart Camera.
  8. Restart the Roku Smart Home App.

Let us know how it works.
All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.