Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomasnor
Reel Rookie

Doorbell won't record video, only images

All of a sudden, the doorbell will only record images and won't record video. If I go I to the live camera and connect it, it will stay online briefly, but then go right back to taking images only only and not recording video. Everything was fine up until 2 days ago. We have checked the settings, they are all set up as they should be. What could be causing this? This has become quite unuseful if I can't get it to record any longer. Thank you!

40 REPLIES 40
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Doorbell won't record video, only images

@Thomasnor

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a subscription attached to your Roku Smart Home doorbell? If you had a free trial linked to that Roku Smart Home device, it's possible that the trial may have ended.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thomasnor
Reel Rookie

Yes, we have a subscription for the doorbell and an outdoor camera as well, which so far has not been having issues recording video like the doorbell is. It has all been working fine up until the other day, now we only get pictures. Appreciate any thoughts you might have. None of the settings have changed, and another check shows that it is marked to do record, but just wont.

Thomasnor
Reel Rookie

Adding, the last time the doorbell recorded was Friday, November 4, so we are now on day 4 of only getting random pictures, which is not remotely helpful.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Thomasnor

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ParadiseHome
Reel Rookie

Same here. Images only and we also have an active subscription

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ParadiseHome

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ParadiseHome
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply. Do you have a timeline for when support will follow up? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ParadiseHome

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like our Support team reached out to you yesterday. We would recommend working with our Support team moving forward as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ParadiseHome
Reel Rookie

Yes I received the email! So what happened was I didn’t have my subscription connected to the doorbell- my error! Thank y’all very much!

0 Kudos