Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwis

Can roku send a notification telling my a camera is offline or unplugged?

Jump to solution

I have a teenager and they are not to have anyone over when I’m not home. Can this software tell me if they are unplugging a camera if someone comes to hide it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can roku send a notification telling my a camera is offline or unplugged?

Jump to solution

@Kwis and @Davidhall1 

The cameras can be viewed via the  Roku SmartHome app on your mobile device.  When you are in the mobile app, any device that is unplugged or unavailable/offline, you will be given a message when you try to view that particular camera. Currently, you are only informed when trying to view the camera. (ie. there is not a background status monitor that will periodically send you updates as to status of cameras).

However, if the mobile app is having any issues connecting to a camera you may be given the same message, so it is not determinative that a camera has been intentionally unplugged.  It is just an indicator that an issue is present that is preventing connection to the camera.

Click on image to enlarge.

Offline_notify.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can roku send a notification telling my a camera is offline or unplugged?

Jump to solution

@Kwis and @Davidhall1 

The cameras can be viewed via the  Roku SmartHome app on your mobile device.  When you are in the mobile app, any device that is unplugged or unavailable/offline, you will be given a message when you try to view that particular camera. Currently, you are only informed when trying to view the camera. (ie. there is not a background status monitor that will periodically send you updates as to status of cameras).

However, if the mobile app is having any issues connecting to a camera you may be given the same message, so it is not determinative that a camera has been intentionally unplugged.  It is just an indicator that an issue is present that is preventing connection to the camera.

Click on image to enlarge.

Offline_notify.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos