Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PghNana
Channel Surfer

Cameras, not recording events, not able to view past events, but can view live stream…

My cameras stop recording events, I was not able to view past events, but I was able to view the live stream. After talking to Roku support – they said they had an outage in their resolving the problem. Thought I would just post this here. 

10 REPLIES 10

Roku Event Recording and Playback not working

I pay the monthly subscription fee so that I can view recorded events from the cloud. However, both of the cameras I have set up aren't even recording events anymore. The previous events that it did record prior to 5:33 PM on Aug 16, 2024 cannot be view, it just shows a blank box (where the picture of the event) would normally show up, and when clicking on the event it doesn't load. Ever since the latest update these cameras and app have been nothing but a headache. It's not worth the money I am currently wasting on them and the subscription. Something used for a security system like this is inexcusable the number of problems they are having. 

0 Kudos
PghNana
Channel Surfer

Re: Cameras, not recording events, not able to view past events, but can view live stream…

Took about an hour maybe an hour and a half half. But the cameras are up and working as usual!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Event Recording and Playback not working

Hi there,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the event recording since you are unable to play it. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we have the Mac Address and the firmware version of your Roku camera? By launching the Roku smart home app, you may need to select the device from the home screen, tap settings, and device info.
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cudchewer35
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue and this is not only frustrating, I am furious and have already started researching other options!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cudchewer35,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We need additional information about the issue you were having with the Roku camera, as it was not able to play back the event recording. Could you please provide the information listed above?

We'll be patient while you respond.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Cameras not recording events

Indoor and outdoor cameras are not recording events since last payment was made on 8/04. Someone was just checking the door handle to my truck parked on the street and I saw it happen live on the camera because the dogs alerted me to open the app and check so I know for sure it happened and I just noticed there are zero events for any any of the six cameras I have. This is so frustrating and I’m going to ask for a credit from Roku for this month. Has anyone else had this same experience? I checked the camera settings, they are all up and on. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cameras not recording events

Hi @Meeshie-Shaun,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that all of your Roku Cameras are not recording events. No worries; we are more than happy to assist you with this.

We are aware that some users are experiencing issues with their Roku Cameras, as they are not recording events even with an active subscription to Roku Smart Home. We will forward this to the appropriate team, so please provide the Log ID of your Roku Smart Home Camera. Follow the steps below to obtain the Log ID:

1. Open the Roku Smart Home app
  2. Select Account
  3. Select Roku Support then submit a log.

In the meantime, you may reach our Account and Billing team, who would be more than willing to help you with the credit that you mentioned. Kindly visit our Account and Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You should have the option to talk/chat/email with one of our live experts.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details. 

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shanetastic
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue.  It started this morning and nothing is showed up all day in events.  I have not changed anything.   The original post was two weeks ago.  Is this an ongoing issue still?  What do I need to do to fix?

0 Kudos
PghNana
Channel Surfer

Hi! 
after I had the initial issue with my cameras – it went down again about a week later, but just for a short time. After talking to Roku reps A few times and reading some community posts  – I learned that many were having this issue and it all came after an app update. So try this; make sure your Roku Smart Home app is updated, then uninstall it then reinstall. Turn your cameras off/unplug for about an hour. That’s what I did and it worked after that for me. If that doesn’t work for you – I would chat with the Roku support and let them know so they can open a ticket - to make sure it’s not some other issue. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.