Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steamer97

Roku indoor camera se wont record video motion events

5 of my cameras with ver. 6.0.0 bild 32-fd work well. Two now from walmart with ver. 3.0.2.8391 will only record still event motions. I took the first cam with ver 3 back for a refund. I have let #2 with ver. 3 run a week now and despite trying to make it record motion events video it simply will not. Just a still which may or may not capture the motion. I too paid a year in advance for the cloud service. So today I'm returning #2 cam with the version 3 firmware. According to the cams in question their versions are "up to date". This is pretty dismal performance from roku support. No, after reading all previous reports, I really don't see a need to submit logs. The problem is that widespread that the fix certainly is on roku to remedy. Why don't they fix it? I wager all the walmarts with ver. 3 firmware cams are returning loads of cams to roku. Why so long with no resolution or any meaningful communication to users is a **bleep** way to be. What else to say but i'm not buying any more untill roku communicates with other than "fixes" that they have repeated several times and proven not to work. When fixed(if fixed) I will exppect my cloud subscription to be lengthened at least as long as my inconvinience.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.