Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamaazzy

Camera light is not on when I’m trying to connect

I’m trying to set up my indoor Roku camera but there is no light not a red or blue no light at all please help!!!!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Camera light is not on when I’m trying to connect

@Mamaazzy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Where along are you in the setup process of your Roku Smart Home device? Have you setup and activated the Roku Smart Home device already? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having this same issue. Was it ever resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Yannalalala 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding connectivity issues with your Roku Smart Home Camera.

We would be more than happy to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing, but we will need more details. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Where along are you in the setup process of your Roku Smart Home device? Have you setup and activated the Roku Smart Home device already? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to aid you further. We look forward to hearing back from you and your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sparklezink1231
Reel Rookie

Having same issues. Trying to reconnect my cameras and after plugging them in, red light comes on but disappears after about 10 seconds. No flashing lights come on therefore cameras won’t connect to network. Earlier today they were kicked offline due to my WiFi but I’ve had Xfinity reset and fix WiFi. All my other devices have reconnected except for cameras. Tried doing reset through the app and it stated “failed” which is why i’m trying to reconnect manually but both cameras say cannot connect to network. Also ran test on network and it’s at top speed. 

0 Kudos
Sparklezink1231
Reel Rookie

UPDATE!! left camera unplugged, finally light started flashing, went through set up and still will not connect to network, I’m returning them in the morning

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Sparklezink1231 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with connecting your Roku Smart Home device to your wireless network.

Does your wireless network have a dedicated 2.4 GHz frequency setup? Please be aware that the Roku Smart Home devices will only connect to a 2.4 GHz frequency.

Please keep us posted and we will be happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos